- Most gowns need at least some sort of alteration.
- Your gown needs to fit flawlessly.
- Allow two to three months from the time of your first fitting to your last. This is an ideal timeline to make all the alterations.
- You need someone who specializes in bridal gowns.
- You should have your undergarments and shoes on hand in order to obtain the proper fit and length of your gown, and your hair accessories or veil will help ensure you’ve got the right balance.
- You might want to have your mom, another trusted relative, or friend accompany you to your fittings.
- Whether you found your gown at a couture salon or a bridal sample sale, the options for alterations are nearly endless. An expert seamstress can practically redesign a dress.
- Keep in mind that the more labor-intensive the request, the more time and money you should allow for the process of creating your dream dress.